At the Nuremberg University of Music, we place particular emphasis on the music education of our students. Our aim is to produce highly qualified graduates who are able to pass on their enthusiasm for music in a professional manner and who can confidently meet the diverse demands of professional life.
The Music Education Bachelor's degree includes a wide range of music education courses that are taught throughout the duration of the degree. These include lectures in music pedagogy, as well as various practicals and specialist seminars such as teaching methodology, repertoire studies and teaching practice. The courses leave room for students to develop their artistic and pedagogical skills, for example, by choosing a bachelor key profile or a second major.
The Music Education Master's degree programmes serve to deepen and perfect pedagogical, academic, subject-specific and university-didactic skills, as well as to open up new fields of work in music education.
The field of activity is very diverse and the possibilities can be individually combined. Everything is possible, from a full-time job in the public sector to a patchwork of different jobs. Our graduates work in these and other careers:
- Full-time or freelance music teacher in a public or private music school
- Independent music pedagogues, setting up their own music schools, working as concert pedagogues
- Freelance writer with publications in specialist journals or with music publishers
- Leading courses and seminars offered by associations, academies or companies
- Head of department in a music school
- Head of a music school (usually requires an additional course at the Bundesakademie in Trossingen)
- Teacher in a vocational school, college or academy
- Teacher at a college or university