Skip to main content
Degree Standard period of study Tuition language Language certificates
Masterclass Diploma 4 semesters German B 1 (GER)

Qualifying exam

  • Main subject

    Practical artistic examination; examination duration 25-30 minutes
    A written programme must be brought to the examination.

    • Classical music: Presentation of a 60-minute repertoire with at least three pieces of different styles.
    • Jazz: Presentation of a 60-minute programme in styles of the candidate's choice, including original compositions, primarily as a soloist. The programme must be performed by the candidate's own ensemble.

    The examination board selects the works to be performed.

Application process

You can find all further information on our application and admission page.

What can I expect in my study area?

Information about the Master Class at the Nuremberg University of Music (German)

Aim of this programme

The four-semester Master Class programme is designed for particularly gifted students to deepen and perfect the skills acquired in a preliminary course and is completed with the Master Class Diploma. The Master's degree serves as proof that the student is technically and artistically capable of meeting the demands of public concert life as a soloist or chamber musician in a special way (see § 2StudO KA).

Admission requirements

Admission to the Master Class requires a degree from a German or foreign university in the major subject for which the applicant is applying. The grade for the main subject must be "very good". In addition, proof of particular artistic excellence must be provided in the form of a letter of recommendation from the teacher of the main subject with whom the main subject is to be completed in the masterclass programme at the Nuremberg University of Music (see section 2 (6) QualS) and a tabular presentation of the artistic training.
International applicants must submit a certificate of German language proficiency at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).

Any more questions? Our student service will be happy to help you!