Practical artistic examination; examination duration 15-20 minutes
A written examination programme must be brought to the examination.
- The examination board will select from a prepared programme of 10 to 12 songs, which must include at least one Lied by Franz Schubert, one non-German song and one modern song. It is expected that the examination will be taken as a duo, i.e. with an appropriate Vocal studies or piano partner.
- Technical and musical mastery and musical imagination
- Sound quality and tonal differentiation
- stylistic confidence
- creative ability
- stage presence
- artistic individuality and expressiveness
- musical quality and accuracy of the ensemble playing
- feeling for the sound and phrasing of the duo partner
- contact within the duo
for studies starting in winter semester 2021/22 Subject-specific study and examination regulations (German)
The subject-specific study and examination regulations form the legal basis for your degree programme. They contain all the information you need to know about your studies, including module descriptions and how your grades are calculated.
Professional field for which the degree programme qualifies
The Master's degree in Lied Interpretation offers students the opportunity to prepare for a career as a lied singer or pianist.
Singers and pianists may participate in chamber music ensembles in addition to working with Lied duos. The expected professional situations place high demands on the graduate's artistic ability and personality, as well as their communication and marketing skills.