Duration: 50 minutes
A written programme must be brought to the examination.
- rehearsal of a short choral with a small choir (20 minutes)
- performance of a folk song (unaccompanied and from memory)
- performance of a Lied or an aria
- performance of two piano pieces from two different styles, including a fugue from the Well-Tempered Clavier by J. S. Bach (level of other work: at least intermediate level)
- Score reading for pianists:
- Performance of an easy to moderately difficult choral score on four staves (with preparation)
- Sight-reading an easy choral score (homophonic) on four staves and playing a piano reduction
- Technical mastery and musical imagination
- stylistic confidence
- creative ability
- stage presence
- artistic individuality and expressiveness
for studies starting in winter semester 2021/22Subject-specific study and examination regulations (German)
The subject specific study and examination regulations form the legal basis for your degree programme. They contain all the information you need to know about your studies, including module descriptions and how your grades are calculated.
Professional field for which the course qualifies
The artistic Master's degree programme in Choral Conducting prepares students for their future careers, in which they will mainly work in the diverse field of conducting amateur, semi-professional and professional choirs.
The expected professional situations place high demands on the artistic skills, personality and communication and marketing skills of graduates. In addition, a high level of initiative is expected, e.g. with regard to founding choirs or ensembles, organising oratorio performances, jury and further training activities.
Furthermore, the training in the artistic field and in the Children's Choir Conducting specialisation in the artistic-educational field prepares students for possible employment in the tertiary education sector.